Followers

Friday 16 August 2013

Bernie plays nice!




I had a little play the other day started on the Gelli plate then saw this stencil which screamed not Gelli but ink's at me. This is Claritystamps Leafy Swirl Stencil by the way.
Having Squeezed Lemonade and Tumbled Glass Ranger distress inks I thought I would give the stencil a bit of a work out. I taped the stencil with low tack masking tape to white cardstock and then swirled Squeezed Lemonade onto an ink duster and gently went in a circular motion to add the ink.  Then added a little Tumbled Glass just to the corners and a little running across the edges now lift the stencil off.
Using the large Leafy Swirl stamp I inked in Archival Black and stamped it twice, then the butterfly which I coloured in water colour pencil's lastly  stamped the verse.  I still thought it needed something so Inking the small Leafy swirl in versamark I placed it in the bottom corner and heat embossed with gold cosmic shimmer embossing powder and added a strip of lime ribbon finally matting it on black card ....I hope you like this I really enjoyed watching it come together as when I first started I had no idea where it was going to go.....

2 comments:

  1. So lovely Brrnie, ad the contrast between the lemon and the black is fab....it is great how some cards just evolve isn't it....hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning xx You're very talented Bernie xx

    ReplyDelete