Followers

Thursday 7 March 2013

Stamping on glass



This has been an idea of mine for ages. And I happened upon it quiet by accident. I knew I wanted to stamp onto glass ....For the Clarity Design Team Challenge I was going to try and stamp tumblers but try as I might I couldn't get it to work the stamp or the tumbler or my hand didn't seem to have the coordination needed to make that particular idea viable.  So back to the drawing board I had bought these Tim Holtz Lenses for the NEC maybe three years ago, and I found them out intending to play with inks and see what happened.  As I was musing on what to do I had a "I wonder what if moment" and decided to try and stamp on one...well I stamped the birdcage first, from the Clarity Birdcage set but in Versamark then clear embossing powder and liked the effect then inked up one of the birds in Stonewashed Blue turned the glass over and stamped the bird on the underneath of the glass.  The effect was amazing but....when I tried to photograph it it didn't show up. So using a black archival ink I once again inked the birdcage and stamped it out I expected it to dry quickly but as it was glass it didn't so once again I heat embossed it and was delighted with the result I inked up the bird  using Cranberry Adirondack, again onto the back of the glass and heat embossed it too....the cling film technique was used on some Clarity coated card. I masked off two lines in the middle and used cloudy blue and a pink RANGER distress inkpad to create the marbled effect.The white strips I had blanked off where now begging to have something put there the swirls were just the thing as you can guess I embossed those to but in gold this time making sure the Versamark stayed within the strip buy using copy paper I applied the same technique to the small swirls on the two lenses but I stuck then to the counter by using some double sided tape to hold them in place while stamping-embossing  the glass is stuck onto the clarity card with silicone glue. Hope you like it.

3 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Bernie and what a wonderful idea. I love the background too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nearest I can get to that is to stamp on acetate, but your glass painting is beautiful. Another great idea to add to my list of things to try. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernie, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left for my Clarity challenge entry - it means a lot - thank you so much!
    Gorgeous card, I think I have some of those glass pieces somewhere too - love how you've used them here hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete